RECKLESS: THE PARTY
Sunday, March 25, 2018
THE CELEBRATION IS HAPPENING
- And when he finds it, …. ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep. – Luke 15:5-6 NIV
- And when she finds it, … ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin. – Luke 15:9 NIV
- Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. So they began to celebrate. – Luke 15:23-24 NIV
“Where resurrection is occurring – where new life is bursting out all around – it is not only appropriate, it is necessary to celebrate. Not to do so is to fail to meet generosity with gratitude.”
– N.T. Wright
- The “kingdom of God” is not about fairness for some, but forgiveness for all.
- The “kingdom of God” includes you, but it’s not about you.
- The “kingdom of God” is a feast for anyone who will come home.
On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine— the best of meats and the finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. – Isaiah 25:6-8 NIV
I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. – Jesus, Matthew 8:11 NIV
“To sit at the Communion table you don’t have to be perfect, only repentant. So anyone can come, and anyone does come.”
– Tim Keller
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. – John 6:35 NIV
Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. – John 10:7 NIV
The invitation to everyone:
- Come Home
- Join the Party
- Set the Table